Legend for Icons
 Article    Q&A

 Podcast  Video

 Blog  Discussions

PDF    Powerpoint Web

  Home >> Accounts >> Checking Accounts  
Closing an Estate Account

We want to close an estate account that is no longer needed. Is there any specific documentation required to close the account if the personal representative is present?

The personal representative should only need to sign whatever documents the bank ordinarily uses to close an account -- a check or withdrawal order to close, for example. There is no court-issued document that you will need to provide for the bank's records. The court may require you to provide some form of documentation as part of its record of the handling of the estate.

Published on 10/11/06