Legend for Icons
 Article    Q&A

 Podcast  Video

 Blog  Discussions

PDF    Powerpoint Web

  Home >> Checks/Money Orders >> Checks You Received  
Endorsing Check to Deceased Relative

How should I endorse a utility deposit refund check that is made out to my deceased parent if I am the Trustee on the estate.

The personal representative for the estate (assuming he or she has been approved by the probate court) can endorse the check this way:

Payee name
by (signature of personal representative)
                     [Administrator][Executor] of the Estate of
                     Payee Name

Published on 12/05/07