Legend for Icons
 Article    Q&A

 Podcast  Video

 Blog  Discussions

PDF    Powerpoint Web

  Home >> Checks/Money Orders >> Checks You Wrote  
Who Fixes Incorrectly Written Check?

I wrote a check for one amount in numerals and in words in a different amount, can I give permission to the recipient to fix this?


In such a case, the legal amount of the check is the amount expressed in words. If that is the amount you intended to be paid, you can go ahead and suggest that the payee write the correct amount in above the amount you wrote in numerals and circle it. If the correct amount is the amount in numerals, try to get the first check back and replace it.

Published on 3/19/09